Students Activities at Avalon include:
- The School Newspaper is produced by our journalism class and other interested students. It can be found online at theavalonchronicles.wordpress.com/
- The Lord’s Table Soup Kitchen at St. Martin of Tours Catholic Church. Four afternoons each month Avalon students staff the nearby soup kitchen of St. Martin’s serving a hot, multi-course dinner to approximately 100 seated guests. Students walk or take a short van ride to St. Martin’s, set the table and serve and clear the food for the guests at table.
- Avalon Actors Guild. Each winter Avalon middle and high school boys join with girls from our sister school, Brookewood, to produce a play. Students from both schools work together as performers and stage crew members. Past performances have included: The Devil and Daniel Webster, The Three Musketeers, Taming of the Shrew, Pride and Prejudice, Then There Were None, Twelfth Night and The Servant of Two Masters.
- Musical Gala. Each spring Avalon joins with its sister school to produce a musical review. More than two hundred students in grades 3-12 and faculty members from both schools perform choreographed song and dance routines, based on Broadway musical scores that have been rewritten in order to make light fun of our schools.
- Poet Laureate Competitions. Students from Avalon’s middle and lower schools practice and compete at the podium in evening declamation competitions in front of friends and families in hopes of winning the year’s laurel wreath.
- House Poetry Competitions. Students from the upper, middle and lower schools compete in all-school competitions during quarterly school festival days in order to win glory for their house.
- Lower School Music. Students in grades 4-6 form school bands in which every student participates.
- Chess Club and Strategy Game Club play and compete within the school.